Sunday, February 1, 2015

Why Women Would and Would Not Date The Geek You

Warning: This could hurt.

Do not get me wrong, I am both a woman and a geek at the same time; which probably makes me suitable to blog about this particular matter. I am definitely not a feminist nor a sexist, I'm just one hell of a blogger. Let us drop the general relationship discussions that can be applicable to everyone. Let us focus on a niche instead.

If you are a man and you are into gunpla, gaming, and toy collection; and if you are a woman that is being courted or in a relationship with such kind of man, you are in the right place. It is a good decision that you brought yourself in here and decided to start reading this. Open your mind and heart, yea?

I won't go far, here in the Metro, there was a trend called "DOTA o Ako?". It's the most common question in every girl's mind when boys just can't stop playing DOTA. I used to play DOTA (AI, LAN & GG) a lot though, so what's my stand here? I had an ex who was addicted to DOTA and even though I play too, he still managed to make me feel bad about it. There was one time when we agreed to meet somewhere in U-Belt. He was studying at Perpetual Help back then. I am not a Manila person by the way, so the streets there were all just confusing to me. I reached a spot maybe somewhere in Dapitan, ah yes, near that UST gate where the engineering peeps are, then I decided to rest near a billiard hall which was full of college students like me. College boys were starting to notice me because I'm wearing a different uniform, I was studying at Miriam College that time. Now I'm feeling nervous.

Sent my ex a text message, no response. Called him a lot of times and finally he picked up. Just when I'm about to tell him that I'm somewhere uncomfy and I'm already getting scared (am I lost? am I in the right place?), that he should pick me up as soon as possible because I have no idea where the computer shop is (it was a biiiiig place with 2 floors? pacific? can't remember). Yea he just said "Hello." then ended up shouting "Stun mo! Stun mo! Bla.. bla.. bla.." and guess what? He totally forgot that I'm still on the line! Hey, I get it, the battle clash was getting intense. But really, you know that you're supposed to meet your girl and you're not gonna worry first? It was hot, I was tired (came all the way from Katipunan at kina-gwapo niya yon ako pa talaga pumunta sa school area niya), and I was wearing heels so looking for him in an unknown planet was not an option. I waited there at the side of the street for like, forever. We only lasted 10 months. Haha.

So that's just one of my experiences with my geek exes, really. I can write a book if I'd tell everything. Alright, let's proceed.


GAMING

Again and again, I am not being gender biased here. I used to buy a lot of Level Up! prepaid cards just to play RO, yeah I contributed to your sales LU! I used to cut classes just to spend my allowance at Bluskies (sorry mom and dad if you're reading this. haha.) and I also experienced not taking a bath, having my meals served to me at my computer desk, and not sleeping at all just to play some more. I used to get a lot of my hand sweat all over the PS controller too.

I can totally understand, it's hypocrisy if I'd say that it ain't fun.

Why women would and would not date the gamer you?

Why women WOULD: It's cute. You look like a baby when you're playing games. You gush over a new console and we'd love to buy it as a gift for you. You're not exactly the alpha male but that's the best part, we feel the need to cuddle the baby boy in you. We also think that there's a low chance that you'll cheat simply because you don't go out there and act like a dog that humps anyone it sees. You prefer to stay at home and just play games because you find it way better than partying your ass out in the club. We think that gaming keeps you away from temptation. It is better to know that you're playing games instead of playing with fire. You usually let us win a versus game and compliment us right after, pretending that you're amazed about how good we were in playing the game when the truth is you just took it easy on us. We feel like raping you when you're wearing your glasses while eliminating the virtual enemy.

Why women WOULD NOT: Excessive gaming is not hot at all. Not only you lack time and attention for us, but also for your health, education/career, and personality development. Your impressive skills in CS or COD won't get you a decent job. You can't even boast about the number of wins you had in the real world. It doesn't matter if you are aiming for the upcoming LOL olympics (years from now, yes I guess it's happening) that shall make employers hire professional gamers who get paid for playing 8 hours a day. That does not sound like a dream or a life goal to us. Worst part is, you engage yourself in repeatedly betting your money over a game and when you lose, you will justify that you should've won, that it was a close fight. Does that make you different from a gambler? No. How are we supposed to build you up to our parents when you have no life outside gaming? One more thing, it turns out that online gaming could also lead you to cheating. You meet a girl in game, exchange Facebook profiles and numbers, set an EB, and there goes the dog in you.

GUNPLA & TOY COLLECTION

I was into gunpla, still into it but stopped buying any kit for now. Independent lifestyle problems. I have decided to merge gunpla and toy collection for obvious reasons. My thoughts on them are quite similar so I'll just write them as one.

Why women would and would not date the collector you?

Why women WOULD: Seeing you working on a kit, doesn't matter if it's HG, MG, or RG, with all your tools on your desk is just really hot. It's just mere WIP to you but to us, it's IT-ish, architect-ish, engineer-ish. Get what I mean? Those shelves where you display your masterpieces? They're like museum to us, we get amazed by looking at them because most of us have no idea how you built and made them look that way. It looks technical and you seem so intelligent because of that. Your toy collection is like a declaration of your wealth. Admittedly, women today look for financial security as well. We initially think that you have a lot of extra money to spend for expensive toys. You seem an organized person as well, considering that you line up your toys on display without even removing them from their boxes. Not all girls know that opening the box can affect its value. Now that they've read this, they know now.

Why women WOULD NOT: We initially thought that you're wealthy, but it's the otherwise. You have no concept of financial prioritization. You are so addicted to toys that you end up spending ridiculous amount of money. Your urge to buy a rare item is not practical to us when you got bills to pay or milk to buy. We end up paying for our dates because you just bought a new gift for yourself. There were times that I played with my Gundam kits like as if they're Barbies. I get it, I know the feeling. However, you don't talk to your Gundam in front of us. Just don't fckn' talk to any of your toys in front of us. Don't cry out your problems to them right after we had a fight. Yes, I had an ex who did that and I was really confused if I should laugh or escape from the scene, get some clothes, and migrate to another planet.

***
I ain't generalizing. DEPENDE PARIN NAMAN SA TAO. These are just some of the possibilities. It may or may not be applicable to you so you really don't have to be defensive and all. If you believe that you're in the bright side of such hobbies and interests, then good for you. By any chance that you got hurt, ask yourself first. Why do you feel that way? Why do you feel insulted? Maybe because it's true? Guilty as charged.

Ladies, if you see in him the indicators under "Why women WOULD NOT", you know what to do. Those are red flags and it could lead you to sadness and despair. You might end up having a kid instead of having a partner. It's all up to you now.

Too much of anything is bad. Hell, we still go for it anyway.

W

1 comment:

  1. aray kuh beh! ahahaha... akong ako ung lalake pero cguro dun ako sa category na why women would ahahahaha LOL =))

    ReplyDelete

Relaks ka lang. Anong kumento mo?